Volunteer at The Arc!
We invite you to come volunteer at The Arc of the Capital Area! Here at The Arc we provide resources for over 2,000 adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families in 17 counties! Dedicated to providing fulfilling and meaningful lives for our clients, we have created innovative programming to accomplish this goal. The Arc’s Education Programs provide opportunities for self-expression, socialization, and independence for our students; we are open Monday through Friday, providing classes for 100 + adults with I/DD. From green screen film making to oil painting, and from urban gardening to yoga, our students learn it all throughout the week. Join our family and become a volunteer today!
Art Education Program:
Volunteers are paired with clients and work with various media including paint, ceramics, photography, and beads to create unique pieces of art. After becoming familiar with the studio, volunteers can teach their own art lesson. Art background is NOT necessary!
- Mondays: Digital Media Arts
- Tuesdays: Performing Arts, including music, theater games, sometimes Zumba!
The Arc wants to bring the wealth of musical knowledge in Austin to our clients. We are looking for compassionate musicians to teach clients the beauty of music, instruments, singing, acting, and dancing. All talents are welcome!
- Wednesdays-Fridays: Visual Arts
Adult Education Program:
Volunteers support students in a structured learning environment, helping them participate, socialize, and practice independence.
- Mondays: Digital Media Arts (combined with Art Ed this day)
- Tuesdays: Health & Wellness
- Wednesdays: Urban Gardening & Community Involvement
- Thursdays: Independent Living Skills
- Fridays: Vocational Education
If you would like to volunteer with your organization or work, please visit our group volunteer page.
We offer monthly events open to anyone in the community with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities:
- Bowling, 2nd Wednesday of the month, 2-4pm at Dart Bowl. 5700 Grover Avenue, Austin, TX 78756
- Coffee Club, 3rd Wednesday, 2-3:30pm at Monkey Nest Coffee. 5353 Burnet Road, Austin, TX 78756
- Activity Night, 4th Wednesday, 5-7pm at The Arc.
The Arc of the Capital Area hosts several events that rely on volunteer support throughout the year. Events include The Arc’s Art Celebration & Auction, Swinging Fore The Arc charity golf tournament, quarterly in house art shows, and more!
Sign the Declaration:
Advocate for people with disabilities to have access to technology by signing the Declaration.